Looking For Owens Personal Website?
..go to http://easytarget.me.uk/ for my photos, blog and more..
- You are now looking at the default page for my Apache web server, running on my home FreeBSD powered server system. It is run on completely open source Software.
- My Main website, gallery, webcam, etc. comes from my personal server in my apartment:
The heart of my website is 'Calvin', a Gigabyte Brix A8-5545.
Her micro form-factor allows me to keep heer mounted behind my TV, where I can run her both as a server and as a Media PC, there is more than enough performance for this.
Software-wise, She runs FreeBSD (specifically; FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1
) as her Operating System.
- FreeBSD is one of a number of Open Source, BSD style operating systems.
- It's extremely fast, stable and secure.
- It has the FreeBSD portage mechanism, always up to date.
- The price, as they say, is right.. Free as in Beer.
- And the politics are right too.. Free as in Speech.
Wed Oct 26 07:41:12 CEST 2016
7:41AM up 11 days, 16 hrs, 1 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.13, 0.14
Server uptime: 11 days 15 hours 59 minutes 16 seconds
Total accesses: 23770 - Total Traffic: 107.9 MB
-> Show Detailed Status Graphs
- I have various desk and netbook machines for home, media browsing, and use on the road. All the PC like systems run Fedora 23 these days, though I keep secondary Windows installs on some machines for those 'Windows Only' moments.